Monday, May 14, 2012

Whistler BC

I rode Whistler Blackcomb the 5th, 6th and 7th. It snowed a day before I got there so there was still powder to be found on areas that weren't open until the weekend. The 5th was overcast but I did find some good powder. The 6th was sunny and I lapped "Spanky's ladder" 4 times until they closed it because of wet slides. By the 7th it was warm and slushy. I was over riding so I took a few runs and went back to the hostel to nap and soak in a hot tub. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay in Whistler, the UBC Whistler lodge is great. Internet, TV, foosball table, pool table, hot tub, sauna, and plenty of room. $30 a night ($25/night if you stay 3 or more). UBC Whistler Lodge


At the Hostel heading to Blackcomb



It was this guy's 71st Birthday! I hope I am still ripping when I am old!

About to drop in to Spanky's Ladder

Spring Pow on May 6th!


These are the bowls you choose between when you hike Spanky's Ladder. You have to take 2 lifts to get back to the same spot.. well worth it!

Totally FK'N AWESOME!



I didn't try the Kokanee Kabin because I was drinking Whistler Brewing Amber Ale. I just liked the logo.

A view from up top. 

Beer. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Noah,

    Great blog and fantastic moto world trip !
    I will follow your progress regularly.

    Don't hesitate to contact me when you are in the South of France if you are looking for a place to stay ;-)

    Raph
    KTM 690 SMC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raph! I will let you know if I am in your area. Possibly next fall?

      Delete
  2. Whenever you want, I'm located very closed to Marseille, France. (just contact me by email)

    Have fun with the 690 !!!!

    ReplyDelete